Paying tribute to the creative genius and supporting young talent
The Gerald Genta Heritage association has just been established. Its purpose is to pay tribute to one of the greatest watch designers in history as well as to encourage and reward promising young talent. Supported by industry experts and pre-eminent horologists, Gerald Genta heritage will focus on raising awareness around the generosity, creativity and the visionary spirit of the “Picasso of watches”, the man behind many legendary timepieces having made an unparalleled contribution to fine watchmaking.
Chaired by Evelyne Genta, who worked alongside her late husband for almost 20 years as Commercial Managing Director of their joint business, the Association brings together qualified individuals, undisputed points of reference from the profession and admirers of the Maestro’s legacy.
An Honorary Committee of about fifteen members will be regularly consulted on the main decisions of the Association, as well as involved in designation of future nominees and laureates.
- President : Evelyne Genta
- Vice President : Christiane de Senarclens Combe
- Vice President : Alexia Genta
- General Secretary : Yves Romestan
- Treasurer : Giorgia Rowe
Leaders and experts from the profession to celebrate and inspire
The members of the Honorary Committee will be consulted and involved in the Association’s main decisions, including the selection of future nominees and laureates. These distinguished individuals, who all share the same passion for the Maestro’s legacy, bring their enthusiasm and industry expertise together to recognize young talents and pass on their knowledge.
- Evelyne GENTA – Chairperson
- François-Henri BENNAHMIAS – CEO, Audemars Piguet
- Paul BOUTROS – Head of Watches, Americas and International Strategic Advisor, Phillips
- Christiane COMBES DE SENARCLENS – Lawyer & Legal Advisor
- Simon DE BURTON – Expert Journalist
- Nick FOULKES – Journalist & Author
- Laurence GENEVET – Forbes Monaco / CEO, EPI Communications
- Alexia GENTA – Marketing Expert, Founder of Alexia Alterations
- Dody GIUSSANI – Editor in Chief, L’Orologio
- Judikael HIREL – Editor in Chief Le Point Montres
- Fabienne LUPO – President, Fondation de la Haute Horlogerie
- Osvaldo PATRIZZI – Horological Expert, Author & Editor in Chief, Founder of Patrizzi & Co. Auctioneers
- Laurent PICCIOTTO – Founder of Chronopassion
- Alain-Dominique PERRIN – Co-President, Strategic Committee at Groupe Richemont / President of the Cartier Foundation
- David SNOWDON – Honorary Chairman for EMERI at Christie’s
- Yves ROMESTAN – Founder & CEO, YRSA Communications
- Michael TAY – Group Managing Director of The Hour Glass